We will comply at all times with relevant data protection and privacy legislation, including the Australian Privacy Principles as contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the ‘Act’) and the General Data Protection Regulation (‘GDPR’). In the event of any conflict between such legislation, we will endeavour to apply the highest permissible privacy standard.
Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
“Account” means collectively the personal information, payment Information and credentials used by Users to access Material and / or any communications System on the Website.
“Content” means any text, graphics, images, audio, video, software, data compilations and any other form of information capable of being stored that appears on or forms part of this Website.
“Cookie” means a small text file placed on your computer by Clear Horizon when you visit certain parts of this Website. This allows us to identify recurring visitors and to analyse their browsing habits within the Website.
“Data” means collectively all information that you submit to us. This includes, but is not limited to, Account details and information submitted using any of our Services or Systems.
“Clear Horizon”/“Us“/“We“/“Our” means Clear Horizon Consulting Pty Ltd, L1 132 Gwynne St, Cremorne, VIC, 3121
“Service” means collectively any online facilities, tools, services, or information that Clear Horizon makes available through the website or consulting services now or in the future.
“System” means any online communications infrastructure that Clear Horizon makes available through the Website either now or in the future. This includes, but is not limited to, web-based email, message boards, live chat facilities and email links.
“User” / “Users”: means any third party that accesses the information and is not employed by Clear Horizon and acting in the course of their employment; and
“Website” means the website that you are currently using and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
- date of birth, gender and sexuality;
- job title, profession and industry;
- contact information such as postal address, email address/es and telephone numbers;
- demographic information such as age, gender, postcode, country of birth, indigenous status, occupation, disability status, language spoken, religious affiliation, , preferences and interests;
- Health and/or Education information
- Financial information such as credit / debit card numbers;
- Progression, navigation and performance of website services, courses and products
- Username and passwords
- Identifiable IT information (IP addresses, usage data, cookies data, online navigation data, browser data);
Our Use of Data
- Clear Horizon uses and discloses your personal information for the purposes for which it is collected. The exception to this is when we are obliged or permitted by law to do so. Subject to Clause 4, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and / or other companies within our group. We may disclose your data with legal and regulatory authorities when required by law or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998. For more details on security, see Clause 9 below.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using or engaging with our services. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping;
- Contact for market research purposes may be done using email, telephone, or mail.
- To provide you with our consulting services, including access to our proprietary software and online training courses.
- To communicate with you, respond to your inquiries, and provide customer support.
- To process payments and invoicing for our services.
- To improve our services, customise content, and analyse usage patterns.
- To send you updates, promotional materials, and newsletters, where permitted by law.
- To comply with our legal obligations and resolve disputes.
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property and that of our users and others.
Third Party Web Sites and Services
- Clear Horizon may occasionally employ the services of other parties for dealing with matters that may include, but are not limited to, payment handling, delivery of purchased items, search engine facilities, advertising and marketing. The providers of such services do not have access to certain personal Data provided by Users to us through our services. Any Data used by such parties is used only to the extent required by them to perform the services that Clear Horizon Any use for other purposes is strictly prohibited. Furthermore, any Data processed by third parties must be processed within the terms of this Policy and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR.
Changes of Business Ownership and Control
- Clear Horizon may, from time to time, expand or reduce its business and this may involve the sale of certain divisions or the transfer of control of certain divisions to other parties. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any division so transferred, be transferred along with that division and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this Policy, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was supplied by you.
- If any Data submitted by Users will be transferred in such a manner, you will be contacted in advance and informed of the changes.
Controlling Access to your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options, or information on how, to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct marketing purposes; and
- sharing Data with third parties.
- You have rights to access personal information we hold about you and withdraw any consent or object to any use of your personal information. These include:
- The right to access and obtain a copy of your personal information.
- The right to rectify inaccuracies in your personal information.
- The right to erase your personal information.
- The right to restrict or object to the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw your consent (if processing is based on consent).
- The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
To discuss any of these rights regarding your personal information, please get in touch with our Privacy Officer (see below).
Your Right to Withhold Information
- You may access certain areas of the Website or services without providing any Data at all. However, to use all Services and Systems available to you, you may be required to submit Account information or other Data.
- Where possible you may deal with us using a pseudonym or without providing us with any personal information, however, please note that if you provide a pseudonym or choose to remain anonymous or elect not participate in an activity we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
Accessing your own Data
- You may access your Account at any time to view, amend or request deletion of the Data. You may need to modify or update your Data if your circumstances change. Additional Data on your marketing preferences may also be stored, and you may change this at anytime.
- Data security is of great importance to Clear Horizon and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure your Data collection.
Changes to this Policy
- If you would like to lodge a request to access or correct your personal information or would like to contact us regarding any privacy enquiries or concerns, please get in touch with our Privacy Officer at:
Post: L1, 132 Gwynne St, Cremorne, Victoria 3121
Phone: 03 9425 7777